Friday, March 18, 2005
Gary Grahl (ERA #2823) was the presenter at our March Division meeting. A NY Division member for 42 years, Gary’s Super-8 movies covered the following subjects:
- The new Hiawatha Light Rail Line in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Both old and new equipment on the MBTA’s Beacon St. Line in Boston, one of the oldest light rail lines in the country.
- Trolley museums and heritage line operations in Warehouse Point (Conn.), Lowell (Mass.), Kennebunkport (Maine) and Kingston (N.Y.).
- Subway Centennial celebrations at the southern end of the Brighton Line in Brooklyn.
- SEPTA electric commuter line R3, from West Trenton to Elwyn, in Philadelphia, Penn.