Friday, March 15, 2013
Our March program will be a digital presentation by Nick DiBari of his extensive three-and-a-half week tour of the UK in 2012, as well as scenes from a 2010 trip to London and southeast England. Nick’s program will include the following systems:
- Manchester: Metrolink, the first “modern” light rail system in the U.K.
- Glasgow: Their commuter rail system is the second largest in the U.K. next to London’s; the Glasgow Subway, one of the oldest in the world (1896).
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne: The Tyne and Wear Metro system; commuter, regional and freight trains in the region.
- York: The National Railway Museum.
- London and surrounding area: London Underground; London Tramlink in Croydon; various commuter and intercity trains; Isle of Wight rail line, a.k.a. the Island Line.
Closer to home, Nick will also present various shots of the New York Subway. This is Nick’s first presentation in many years and his first digital presentation. Please come and join us for an interesting look at electric railroads “across the pond.”