Friday, December 13, 2013
Gary Grahl (ERA #2823) invites you to join him at our last meeting at St. Johns as he presents another of his annual Super 8 movie nights. This year’s extravaganza includes:
- The Third Avenue El in The Bronx, including the ERA’s “day after” fantrip in 1973.
- Metro-North’s New Haven line at its far end, featuring a brand-new station in West Haven, Conn.
- Minneapolis’ former Hiawatha line, a line that shows the versatility of the light rail concept. Gary’s visit to the ERA’s 2014 convention destination also includes rides on the Como-Harriet Streetcar Line and the Excelsior Streetcar Line operated by the Minnesota Streetcar Museum.
- Mexico City’s PCC cars, col-sm-6-Detroit and Minneapolis, and their amazing collection of U.S. and Canadian trackless trolleys.
- (If time permits) Kenosha Streetcar Society’s short downtown loop, featuring col-sm-6-Toronto PCCs, and the Old Threshers Reunion annual fair in Mount Pleasant, Iowa where museum-type trolleys provide transportation.
Come join us for this special farewell movie marathon! Those who have seen Gary’s movies in the past know this is not to be missed.