Friday, December 15, 2017
The presenter of our December meeting will be ERA Program Chairman Andrew Grahl. Andrew has a wonderful slideshow planned covering the following subjects:
- Metro Area Update will present newsworthy views of the NYC Subway, commuter rail and other railroad subjects from the Tri-State area.
- Southern Roadtrip! Views of traction and railroad interest from Washington, D.C. to Florida. Highlights include construction of the Charlotte Blue Line extension, a NYC Subway car in North Carolina, and All Aboard Florida’s Brightline, an intercity diesel rail system whose first phase connecting Miami to West Palm Beach is nearing completion.
- QLINE Opening Day. We’ll ride along with the first streetcar on Detroit’s new QLINE. Then see views of streetcars from Detroit’s past.
- Celebrate Canada’s 150th Anniversary on a classic train in Quebec. Views of the restored 1950s train, railroading in scenic Quebec, and construction of Ottawa’s new light rail cars will be included in this feature.
- A Rare Batch of Kodachrome Slides featuring trolleys and elevated trains taken around NYC in the 1940s, ’50s and ’60s will complete the presentation.
Please join us for a special end-of-year holiday treat. With such a diverse and entertaining array of subjects, there is no excuse for not being there!