Friday, March 16, 2018
The presenter of our March meeting will be Subutay Musluoglu, reflecting on his recent travels to France in this, his first ERA presentation. Highlights of Subutay’s show will include:
- Paris: The French capital’s extensive rail network, including scenes of the world famous Metro, the RER/SNCF regional rail network, and light rail. Highlights include preserved historic Paris Metro Sprague stock in action, visits to some of the Metro’s restricted areas, as well as architectural views of some of the main line termini.
- Strasbourg: Starting with a ride on the relatively new LGV Est high-speed rail line, a visit to the capital of the Alsace region, the center of Franco-German culture with scenes of the city’s tramways and distinct architecture.
- Mulhouse: A visit to the Cité du Train, the famed French National Railway Museum, where France’s rich and diverse railway history and heritage is on display.
- Normandy: Paying homage to the D-Day landings, with scenes from Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, and the American Cemetery will also be featured.
- New York City: To finish up, there will be a roundup medley close to home, including assorted scenes around the New York City subway and its maintenance shops, Metro-North Railroad, Long Island Rail Road, as well as construction scenes from the Second Avenue Subway, East Side Access, the World Trade Center Transportation Hub, and others.
Join us for a very interesting show!