Rail, Sail, and More Rail
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Join your fellow NYRRE and ERA members for an unusual “circle trip” beginning and ending at Penn Station.
We will ride a regularly scheduled LIRR main line train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma, where we will transfer to the Greenport train (board the third car from the rear).
Our inclusive luncheon (chicken francese, grilled salmon or penne a la vodka) will be at Claudio’s, a short walk from the Greenport train station. After lunch, we’ll walk to the Railroad Museum of Long Island for a short tour.
A chartered school bus will take us from the museum to Orient Point. We will board the Cross Sound Ferry for a relaxing 80-minute ride across the Long Island Sound to New London, Conn.
A short walk from the ferry terminal is the New London Amtrak station. We will board the Northeast Regional train for the 2.6-hour ride back to Penn Station, crossing scenic drawbridges and the famous Hell Gate Bridge along the way.
- 9:12 AM – Depart Penn Station (LIRR)
- 10:35 AM – Arrive Ronkonkoma
- 10:40 AM – Depart Ronkonkoma
- 12:02 PM – Arrive Greenport
- 12:15 PM – Lunch at Claudio’s
- 2:15 PM – Depart Greenport (School Bus)
- 2:45 PM – Arrive Orient Point
- 3:00 PM – Depart Orient Point (Cross Sound Ferry)
- 4:20 PM – Arrive New London
- 4:50 PM – Depart New London (Amtrak)
- 7:26 PM – Arrive Penn Station
Ticket Price: $115 Per Person
The ticket price of $115 per person includes museum admission, lunch at Claudio’s and all transportation if payment is received by May 20. Between May 21 and June 1, the ticket price is $120. After June 1, the ticket price is $150. Download the PDF below to order. For more information, phone 516-660-1972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org It will be an unforgettable day you won’t want to miss!