Tramways in Scandinavia
May 16–28, 2008
The ERA is proud to announce its 9th international tour.
Tramways in Scandinavia constitute a diverse assortment of urban, rural and interurban traction, as well as modern high-speed lines. Trolley, light-rail, trolley bus and metro systems will be explored on our tour.
During 14 days of travel we will cover many systems including the following:
- Copenhagen: Visit to Skjoldenaesholm Tram Museum
- Malmo: Tour of heritage tramway
- Goteborg: Tour of tram system including heritage equipment charter
- Oslo: Tour of tram system, including charters of tram and metro, visit to Tram Museum
- Oslo-Bergen: Travel on the famous rail/fjord tour via train through the mountains and boat through the fjords
- Bergen: Tour of trolleybus system, possible historic trolleybus charter
- Trondheim: Tour of tram system
- Stockholm: Tour of extensive tram system including Djurgarden Line charter and Metro tour
- Norrkoping: Tour of tram system including charter
Our tour to Scandinavia will cover a large area, thus, in order to optimize our program, we will be staying in several hotel bases in the following cities: Copenhagen, Goteborg, Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim, Stockholm and one night on the rails aboard a comfortable Scanrail train in sleeping compartments. Hotels were carefully chosen to provide a blend of comfort and convenience. Intercity travel will be on comfortable Scanrail trains.
The tour will begin in Copenhagen on Friday, May 16th, with a late afternoon trip to visit Tivoli Gardens, site of our welcome dinner. The last excursion will take place in Stockholm on Wednesday, May 28th.
Air transportation is by individual choice. We have negotiated a group airfare with Icelandair which will cost $850 for roundtrip travel. Flights would leave JFK on the evening of Thursday, May 15 to Copenhagen, and arrive back in JFK on Thursday, May 29 from Stockholm. This option is listed as the air coupon below.
Land arrangements will cost only $2575 with double occupancy ($900 single supplement), and will include:
- Twin-bedded rooms at 3-star hotels: First Hotel Vesterbro in Copenhagen, Hotel Gothia Towers in Gothenburg, Thon Hotel Europa in Oslo, Scandic Bergen City in Bergen, TBD in Trondheim, Scandic Hotel Star Sollentuna in Stockholm and one night in sleeping cars on Scanrail.
- Group travel on Scanrail and few bus transfers by high comfort buses between hotels.
- Welcome dinner on the first day in Tivoli Gardens and breakfast on each day of travel.
- All excursions aboard chartered vehicles.
Full payment must be received by March 1, 2008. A $500 deposit must be received no later than February 2, 2008. Mail payments to: P.O.Box 3323, New York, NY 10163-3323. For questions call 917-714-7087 or use our Contact Us page.