RDMT, the contractor who will operate DC Streetcar, has been busy training the 14 operators hired at the Testing and Commission Facility in Anacostia. The goal is to have 22 total operators hired for passenger service. Video: DDOTVideos (June 17, 2014)
December 19, 2014
Our December show will be presented by Program Chairman Andrew Grahl. Andrew’s slideshow will include the following topics:
- Spencer, North Carolina: A look at the big railroad event “Streamliners at Spencer” from June 2014 and the 20 NS Heritage Unit event from July 2012.
- A look at the new streetcars under construction in Atlanta and Washington.
- Summer in New England: A look at the Vermont Railroad, Maine Eastern, museums, and other tourist operations including the Glory Days of the Railroad celebration in White River Junction, Vermont.
- A ride on Sunrail, Orlando’s new commuter rail.
- North of the Border: A quick look at recent updates to passenger trains and electric traction in Montreal and Toronto and a ride on the famous Algoma Central Railway in Northern Ontario from Sault Sainte Marie to Hearst.
- Other historical slides will complement the presentation.
Come join us for the ERA’s final presentation of 2014! Those who have attended Andrew’s shows in the past know this is not to be missed.