A day-long trip along the Third Avenue El in the 1950s. This full color sound movie really captures the beauty and romance of the El and old New York, especially at dusk. Video: Youtube
December 13, 2013
Gary Grahl (ERA #2823) invites you to join him at our last meeting at St. Johns as he presents another of his annual Super 8 movie nights. This year’s extravaganza includes:
- The Third Avenue El in The Bronx, including the ERA’s “day after” fantrip in 1973.
- Metro-North’s New Haven line at its far end, featuring a brand-new station in West Haven, Conn.
- Minneapolis’ former Hiawatha line, a line that shows the versatility of the light rail concept. Gary’s visit to the ERA’s 2014 convention destination also includes rides on the Como-Harriet Streetcar Line and the Excelsior Streetcar Line operated by the Minnesota Streetcar Museum.
- Mexico City’s PCC cars, col-sm-6-Detroit and Minneapolis, and their amazing collection of U.S. and Canadian trackless trolleys.
- (If time permits) Kenosha Streetcar Society’s short downtown loop, featuring col-sm-6-Toronto PCCs, and the Old Threshers Reunion annual fair in Mount Pleasant, Iowa where museum-type trolleys provide transportation.
Come join us for this special farewell movie marathon! Those who have seen Gary’s movies in the past know this is not to be missed.